Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_15_] SteveB[_15_] is offline

Default This NG is a hoot!

On 5/14/2014 11:25 PM, Zaky Waky wrote:
I've never seen so many old cranks in any other NG. What is even more
interesting is that one can discern from the posting time of responses that
most of you old mos must spend a large part of your day posting to this NG.
I guess being on "disability" give you a lot of time and posting here gives
you something to do.

It's pitiful, but entertaining.

Is anybody here under 60 years old?

You want answers? That's who to ask. Not the little twenty-something
geeks who live in Mom's basement, have their nose plastered to a game
box, and whose hearing is gone from wearing ear buds at max volume.

They can fix nothing. They just buy another, or better yet, let Mommy
buy it for them. They are sitting home after a six year bender called
college, where they came away with a degree in ancient Greek pottery,
and are waiting for an answer to the two resumes they sent out asking
for $80,000 starting pay with benefits and retirement.

They can't weld, they can't tell you the wrench size between 1/2 and 5/8
inches, and don't know a #2 from a #3 Phillips screwdriver. Lucky for
AAA or we'd have many thousands of deaths each winter from their ilk
freezing to death after sitting in an idling car until the gas ran out
wondering what to do about a flat tire.

Talk about pitiful? And you are definitely are entertaining, too.
Getting several twenties out of your pocket for a repair job that took
me less than fifteen minutes actual work time. Or thousands for a
simple sheetrock or tile job.

Now, go check, and make sure you closed the basement door, and be sure
to remember where Mom hid the secret key for you in case you get locked out.

Steve