Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT Duplicate car key?

bob haller wrote:
My 2002 chevy venture uses chipped keys. About 90 bucks from the dealer,
must prove ownership, identity, title to vehicle, a whole list of
security stuff for a old vehicle

Wallmart sells the chipped key for 35 bucks. depending on the store.

you tube has a video of how to bypass the system. Basically get a sensor,
attach a chipped key permantely to the sensor. Add a relay so when you
turn the key, a non chipped regular key trips the relay, activates the
chipped key and sensor....

Older remote starters used to require that you use that method. I recall
giving the installer a key, after which he went in the back and ground the
teeth off so it couldn't be used to start the car. He then attached the key
to a sensor and mounted it under the dash.