billh

Default A new lathe

"Bill Rubenstein" wrote in message
et...
In article ,
says...
My next chuck will be a Vicmarc. I assume the insertion of the hex is
easy. Sometimes on the key chucks when thge saw dusts builds up, it\s
hard to fit the key in.

"Bruce Ferguson" wrote in message

I have the Vicmarc chuck and the screw works great. I have made

several
wood washers so now I can very the depth of the screw in the wood.

Another
thing about the vimarc is that it uses a metric allen wrench that is
availible in about every tool center and home center. One of the guys

in
our club got a free chuck ( not Vicmarc) but no key wrench. the key

was
over $40.00. That is something to think about if you are looking to

buy a
chuck.

That's why God invented the air compressor. But, with two much-used
Oneway chucks (a Stronghold and a Talon) I've never seen the problem.

Bill

Neither have I and I have come to like the open back of the Stronghold - I
just give it a spin to open or close the jaws quickly (usually when off the
lathe).
Billh