Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default TENMA products

On 05/08/2014 01:18 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
I have a TENMA AC ammeter which has gotten only light use, but seems to
be okay.

MCM has the 72-8155 LCR meter on sale for $40. I could use one, but
wouldn't be using it often enough to justify something more expensive.
Anyone have experience, good or bad, with TENMA stuff?

One of MCM's reviewers -- who otherwise liked this product -- complained
that the inductance measurements were made at 1kHz. Because the unit
measures the inductor's /impedance/ and /resistance/, then /calculates/
its reactance, there are potential accuracy problems when the resistance
and impedance are of comparable magnitude.

"We already know the answers -- we just haven't asked the right questions."
-- Edwin Land

If it's a 1 KHz square wave the harmonics go way higher. Just off the
top of my bald head...