Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default balancing battery charge

On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:41:54 AM UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:

I doubt they are 500 AHr SLA cells, much more likely to be open
vented wet cells. I'd expect those to have routine maintenace of
checking the electrolyte density (aka the acid concentration) and
topping up as required. An open vented cell can be maintained, an SLA
can't be by it's sealed nature. This makes open vented cells are also
far more "robust" than SLAs.

SLAs arent hard to open and add electrolyte - theyre not sealed despite the name - but the electrolyte pool is very small compared to flooded cells, so electrolyte issues happen much faster.

NT