Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Dont install Vinyl Siding

On 5/14/2014 6:48 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/13/2014 11:35 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 13 May 2014 19:48:19 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
no but every 5 years theres scraping, sanding and repaiting..

I believe that if a neighbors home has a fire that damages your
vinyl sided home the fire insurance will pay for your damages, or
your homeowners will cover it.

vinyl siding ends for a lifetime the hassles and costs of
repaiting. plus you can get foam insulation board added, to save
big bucks on utiity bills

I still like aluminum siding a WHOLE lot better than vinyl.

Off the edge of my memory, I think aluminum siding
was outlawed in USA after someone got electric shock.
Any truth to that?

Nope. It's still manufactured and available for sale. I expect it's
more expensive than most people want to pay.

Speaking of electric shock, my next door neighbor's home and garage
has aluminum siding. Ten-twelve years ago we had a very strong, very
localized storm rip through our neighborhood and take down tree limbs
and power lines. Afterwards, he'd just walked into his garage when a
section of live wire touched the siding on the garage. Ka-BOOM! I
hollered and began to run over there - then pulled up short, realizing
a mess of live wires and branches were between me and his garage. He
came out of his garage shaking his head. The look on his face was
priceless.