Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Dont install Vinyl Siding

On Wed, 14 May 2014 00:33:12 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

I had vinyl when I lived in military housing. I hated the stuff! One
winter, we had a severe blizzard complete with high winds. The siding blew
partially off on one end of the house. I had to keep listening to it whip
back and whap the house for days on end. Maintenance couldn't get up to my
house to fix it as there was so much snow!

There are different grades of siding and there are good and bad
installations. My siding is still in great condition after 33 years
and I expect it will last another 33 years.