Kevin

Default A new lathe

The lathe did come supplied with a handwheel. As the wife was told today
she will be working full-time starting in January, we may not have to wait
all that long for a chuck. But, before the chuck will be dust control in
the small (11' X 13' X 7') shop. I figure a dust collector, an air cleaner
for the ceiling as well as using dust masks should be sufficient.
And a note, since the lathe was set up, we'vew been turning some peach wood.
What a pain as it was still somewhat wet and when we got it, there was no
intent to use it on a lathe. Last night I sawed up a piece of ash. Ooooooo,
what a difference. Got those lovely long shavings I've heard about.

"Bob Pritchard" wrote in message
Bestwood tools makes handwheels for the Jet-1236. You can see them on

thier
home page. http://www.bestwoodtool.com
One of your first projects should be a handwheel, since, for some reason,
Jet does not provide one.

Bob, Naugatuck Ct.
http://www.outofcontrol-woodturning.com