Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Health and Softy ****t

On Mon, 12 May 2014 22:00:23 +0100, bert ] wrote:

In message , John Williamson
writes
On 11/05/2014 18:45, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sun, 11 May 2014 13:03:33 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

The use of hi viz vests are a joke. Driving examiners wear then on the
"show
and tell" part of the driving test. People sat in parked cars doing
traffic
surveys wear them. Teachers wear then when taking kids on outdoor trips.

Hi viz should be worn only when needed. BTW In my van I carry the
following
hi viz kit - 3 vests (2 of them are spares for the apprentices) 1
wateproof
pair of trousers (used more for wet weather than for safety) and a
waterproof jacket (again worn more to keep dry and warm than for safety
reasons). I seldom have to wear the stuff at work for safety reasons -
even
on building sites

I also have a set of waterproof overalls at home - but they must have
shrunk
in the wash as they longer fit me..

The only place I'd ever condone a hi vis jacket is roadworkmen on a
motorway. And even then, if they stay behind the cones....

A hi-viz jacket is mandatory in most places I visit where workers mix
with vehicles, such as loading docks and bus stations. Leave yours off,
and you'll soon find out just how quickly you can get off the site,
with assistance from a number of denizens all clad in hi-vis jackets,
and, more than likely, hi-viz trousers.

I even have to carry two different colours, as some countries require
orange, while others require the green/ yellow that we use here.

Network Rail use orange. They don't like non-railway people to wear it
on the track

I don't think they like people naked on the track either.

--
Excuse me sir, are you playing the bagpipes or sexually abusing an octopus?