Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Separate earth wire

In article , Tim Watts
writes

"Half arsed" is much better than not at all IMHO. And the presence of a
CPC is unlikely to make the internal insulation start to act all
careless and suddenly break down ;-

The whole point is that there's no guarantee that a flying lead earth
will still be functional on a portable appliance in 12mths time. I
mentioned flexure failure and that is most likely what will happen when
dolly has run the dustette round the bannisters a few dozen times.

So, does it need an earth or doesn't it? If it doesn't need an earth
then don't earth it and if it does need an earth then don't do it half
arsed.

On a tangent, half arsed is not what I need when I'm 100m off the deck
and I'm relying on the security of a belay point to stop me taking a
swan dive off the top.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .