Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Do you bother to sharpen your lawn mower blade? Why?

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 May 2014 06:29:49 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

A lot of years ago, I drove a nail most of the way
into a wall stud in the shop. I put the blade on
the nail, horizontal like. The end that pulls down
gets ground a bit more. Some times I just hold the
blade with a screw driver.

I've read about the nail in the wall. ISTR it was suggested to mark a
level horizontal line on the wall with a level?

I also use the nail, but just put in the vise that I use to hold the blade
while I sharpen it with a file.

Take out blade and put in nail, then see which side if any is lower and put
it back in the vise and file it a stroke or two and repeat.