Bruce Ferguson

Default A new lathe

I have the Vicmarc chuck and the screw works great. I have made several
wood washers so now I can very the depth of the screw in the wood. Another
thing about the vimarc is that it uses a metric allen wrench that is
availible in about every tool center and home center. One of the guys in
our club got a free chuck ( not Vicmarc) but no key wrench. the key was
over $40.00. That is something to think about if you are looking to buy a
chuck.

Bruce
"RonZ" wrote in message
om...
I would suggest you get the Oneway chuck that comes with a screw for
bowls. I haven't heard too many positive things about the Nova but you
can't go wrong with the Oneway. Vicmarc is supposed to be on the same
level but priced a bit less. I don't own one so I can't vouch for it.
If you want economy then get the Oneway Talon. Once you get addicted
like myself, you'll have more than one chuck.