Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Cascade Commercial Dishwasher Detergent Discontinued--Alternative Home Recipes

On Mon, 12 May 2014 11:18:01 -0700, sms
wrote:

As long as I have to mix stuff I'd rather just do it from scratch and
save money. The homemade stuff is about half the price of what I was
paying for the Cascade professional product.

Citric acid must be one of the most expensive powders when repackaged.
In a bulk 5 pound bag it's about 20¢/ounce. In little packets it's about
$2 per ounce.

Don't forget to add in the cost of going to any stores that are an
extra trip, etc. Do you put a value on your time for labor?