George

Default A new lathe

You get one with a Nova purchase. Good wide threads and all. That said, I
really like the pin jaws. They have the ease of a screw in roughing - just
punch an appropriately deep hole - and are also a great 1" dovetail jaw and
small spigot grip.

Take a peek at the pin chuck on my page,
http://personalpages.tds.net/~upgeorge/index.html and remember that the pin
jaws, though they don't grip quite as deep, do the same job.

"Leslie Gossett" wrote in message
hlink.net...
When I bought my Oneway Scroll chuck, it came with a screw attachment so I
didn't need to putchase anything seperately. You might look into that.
Congrats ! A family that turns together, stays together!

Ms Leslie

"Kevin" wrote in message
Well I went ahead and took the plunge this weekend. I went to the grand
opening of the Woodcrafters shop in Indy and bought a Jet Lathe - JWL

1236.
I am!) Now given that the wife was reluctant on the tools, is it

surprising
that she wants at least 2 more - a screw chuck and a Nova chuck. I saw

the
latter on the Amazon site. It's a Nova Jet 709345. Any comments on it

would
be appreciated.