Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Health and Softy ****t

"John Williamson" wrote in message
On 11/05/2014 22:23, Tim Watts wrote:
On 11/05/14 22:17, ARW wrote:

As we're not normally trained in First Aid, and most companies I've
worked for are very resistant to the idea of us having the training,
the steri strips would be a waste of time, and we're not allowed to
carry sticking plasters on board due to the risk of one of the
passengers being allergic to the adhesive.

I've always wondered - exactly how often does that happen.

I bet if I cut my finger (dripping level) and said I had
ebola/aids/somethingequallyfunky, a plaster would be found pretty
quickly...

Not on a coach or bus. We only carry sterile bandages without adhesive.

Let's just say that we bend the odd rule or two when it comes to H&S. I also
have plastic gloves in the first aid kit as I hould not wish to come into
contact with blood.

--
Adam