Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default A tiny metal sliver, --- Job completed

"I later got a German D-I-Y wiring book and one of the things I think it
was trying to tell me is that "switch loops" are verboten - the feed
always comes to the switch first, then goes to the fixture. "

You know that screws it up for cieling fans. Generally ?I like to wire a cieling fan so the fan has constant power. This way the light(s) can be on a dimmer and the pull chain controls the fan motor independently.

Of ocurse then there is no neutral so there can be no outlet unless you use three conductors.

I don't really like using white for a hot but they say it's OK. Of courss you have to mark it.