Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default NASA spinoff

On Monday, May 12, 2014 7:54:24 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/12/2014 10:01 AM, G. Morgan wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

[.]

So true, we used to have free speech, freedom

from search and seizure, freedom from self

incrimination, freedom from opressive taxes,

We have spying, lack of privacy, endless

regulations, and the burden has shifted from

government (to prove they have probable cause)

to the citizen who has to prove the need for

whatever, and then get a permit.

We're ripe for another revolution.

You may get your wish. Two recent decisions by SCOTUS have pretty much interred whatever electoral democracy we may have had over the last 225 years.

1. Citizens United. If you don't realize what that decision has already meant in terms of election funding, you need to look under the bed. We now have the best electoral government that (unaccountable) money can buy.

2. Decision on Christian prayer before town meetings in public tax-supported facilities.

Excellent analysis at:

http://www.scotusblog.com/2014/05/tr...plain-english/

There goes the First Amendment.

BTW, if you do manage to get through the whole thing, note the concurring (with the 5-4 majority) opinion of Justice Thomas, who goes out of his way to prove he's as dumb as a post.

HB