Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Briggs & Stratton 16HP problems

On Sun, 11 May 2014 09:54:30 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, May 11, 2014 11:46:14 AM UTC-4, David L. Martel wrote:
Frank,

Too little information to really tell. Sounds as if it's not getting gas.

My first guess is to take off the gas cap and see if it runs. There's an air

valve (a flapper) that let's air into the gas tank as the fuel level drops.

You may need a new one. Check this valve.

Dave M.

+1 to the advice so far. You just have to follow the
basic diagnosis procedure. Start with the simple stuff.
I'd start with finding out if it has spark. Next, gas
getting to carb? etc.

Hmmm,
My first check would be ignition module. Make sure there is
good spark.

Will it run without the air filter?