Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone into 3D printing?

wrote:

It's really cool that they sell it in a very cheaply. But I'm wondering if
it can support different types of filament materials. Have any of you
tried it? My friend has been asking me about this machine because he plans
to purchase one soon; however, he is quite hesitant that it might not
print rubber or nylon from 3d2print.net. What do you think guys?

If you have a local 'hacker lab' or 'maker faire' group you might be able to
get access to one. I wouldn't be surprised if art colleges, some design
studios etc also have them.

From what I've read, as you might expect, the cheap ones aren't very good -
they can only create small items, perhaps only use a small set of types of
filament, and don't have a very good mechanical precision - so maybe ok for
ornaments / jewelery, but not for making - say - parts for new machines.

replacing "aaa" by "284".