Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default where are the honey bees? (I already told you it was neonicotinoids)

On Saturday, May 10, 2014 9:49:44 AM UTC-4, HomeGuy wrote:
"Sherlock.Homes" wrote:

Insecticide killing honey bees?

DDN Correspondent Posted on 10 May, 2014 at 10:34:AM

Honey bees are dying en masse due to exposure to a certain class of

insecticide, claims a recent study.

The report was published today in the Bulletin of Insectology and

it recreated a 2012 study which first linked the bee-killing disease

with neonicotinoids.

I've already posted in this thread, last Monday (May 5), that the reason

was neo-nicotinoids. Seeds coated with the stuff planted by farmers.

And of course just like last week, you're still the village idiot. No one
has denied that neonicotinoids are on the list of possible causes. What
Sherlock has posted is one more study that suggests there may be a link.
One more study, that has just been released, does not make a conclusion.
If you look at ALL the research, the consensus of most of the researchers
as of now is that they still don't know what causes it. There have been
other studies that showed no correlation with neonicotinoids. Until that
study is thoroughly reviewd, digested, replicated, etc, it doesn't mean
a whole lot. We don't even know if the level of exposure to the chemical
was realistic and consistent with what bees actually would receive. Among obvious
problems are here in urban NJ, there isn't much farming and farming is
where that class of pesticides is almost exclusively used. It's not
used on lawn/garden/turf products. Bees used to be abundant here, but
starting several years ago, I haven't seen a single one. Not a reduction,
but it's gone down to not a single one.
At the same time, in some areas treated with that pesticide, you don;t
have CCD. Also there have been prior episodes of sudden, mysterious bee
declines going back hundreds of years.

The bottom line is that as of now no one knows what causes it, that is
the conclusion of the overwhelming majority of researchers.