Posted to rec.woodworking

Default TV legal ad focused on table saw injuries

On Sat, 10 May 2014 06:12:04 -0700, jo4hn
wrote:

On 5/9/2014 1:54 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
And then - back in the stone age, our grandfathers will still be
complaining
about the generation we live in. To some extent - this crap just
keeps
going around. Maybe we just need to quit compaining so much about
everything. It's been this way since the beginnin of time.

"Leon" wrote:

Exactly! I shutter to think what life was like during WWII when
there were real problems.

It was pretty straight forward.

There was THE WAR to win.

Whatever was needed got done.

And yes, the Hollywood propaganda machine was in full glory.

Watch some old flicks from the war years.

Lew

Lew

And the top income tax rate in 1945 was 94%. Those guys knew how to
fund a war.

Irrelevant. The fact is that virtually no one paid that rate (so
nothing was collected). People either hide money or earn less when the
tax rate is confiscatory. It really doesn't take much of an increase
in the rate for people to decide that their time is worth more than
what they would earn for themselves. This has been shown *many* times
throughout history.