Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default TV legal ad focused on table saw injuries

"Mike Marlow" wrote:
Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Fri, 09 May 2014 15:16:53 -0400, Mike Marlow wrote:

Maybe we just need to quit compaining so much about everything. It's
been this way since the beginnin of time.

The world population doubles about every 60 years. It has *not* been
that way since "the beginning of time". How long do you think that
can continue? How long before the "too many rats in a cage" syndrome
gets out of hand?

Not that long Larry - at some point the rats will start eating each other.
Problem solved. We are seeing that in segments of our society today.
Darwin and human nature seem to have a way of controlling things despite our
best hopes/fears.

You mean like the earth quakes and wild fires in California? :-)

BTW, the US is right on the average. In 1950 the population was 151
million. Sixty years later, in 2010, the population was 309 million.
Both numbers from the census.

I don't doubt those numbers one bit Larry. Just not sure how meaningful
they are.

I'm not sure either well maybe I am but the data is out of context, much
like the data that was used to back up the global warming theory. Had we
had the same methods of collecting data and same advancements in computers
and programming 25-30 years earlier it would have been determined that we
were in the middle of global cooling.

The big issue with all of this is that the whole picture is not being
looked at, Only the data that happens to be collected at a particular time
is being scrutinized. Living near the coast, hurricanes are a hot spot of
interest with the weather reporters. Because of global bla bla bla/climate
change we saw a ramp up in named storms each year. Are we having more
storms than 60 years ago, probably not. It used to be that we did not have
the ability to track every storm coming off of the west African coast hence
we had fewer storms. Today I think simple cloud cover over the African
coast is targeted. Not to mention that if a known storm was not a threat
to the US it was not even named unless it actually qualified as a
hurricane. And now we are naming winter storm fronts!

Suddenly, relatively speaking, too much data and too little used by those
that are totally overwhelmed is the actual problem.