Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Cascade Commercial Dishwasher Detergent Discontinued--Alternative Home Recipes

On Fri, 09 May 2014, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

On 05/09/14 05:11 pm, sms wrote:

None of the currently available consumer dishwasher detergents work well
without doing something like you do with the TSP. Finish commercial is
one option but it's difficult to purchase. I guess I could also buy
Bubble Bandit, but it's very expensive http://www.bubblebandit.com/.

We buy large packs of Cascade or store-brand dishwasher detergent at
Costco. They work fine in our Whirlpool-built Kenmore dishwasher.

How hard is your water? If your water is soft, any decent detergent will
work. It is in locales with hard water where phosphates are needed to keep
glassware from getting covered with lime deposits.