Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default Garage Door Opener Range.

On Fri, 09 May 2014 13:49:47 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Genie Model 2024

Can you simply buy a 433MHz receiver that has a relay output?

...Jim Thompson

They're all over eBay in many different configurations.
www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=wireless+remote+switch

The problem will be getting one that is compatible with your cars
Homelink remote. That means you'll need to buy both the receiver and
transmitter because the transmitter is needed to program the Homelink
thing. However, if you're not going to use Homelink, then it's not an
issue.

Also, methinks we might be wrong about the frequency. The Genie 2024
runs on 390 MHz or possibly 315 MHz frequency. Genie got into
problems in areas where the military was using 390 MHz for something.
I'm not sure as I couldn't find any specific references. I could
lookup what it does by the FCC ID number, or you could just hang a
frequency counter near the trasmitter and see what frequency the
remote belches.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D