Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default TV legal ad focused on table saw injuries

On 5/9/2014 1:46 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 08 May 2014 21:52:10 -0500, Leon wrote:

SawStop is simply doing what every other company does with its patents.

No argument. I just get irritated at what I think are excesses of
capitalism. This mornings paper had an article about a low birth rate
and said it was good for overpopulation but bad for the economy.
Everyone they quoted complained about the economic impact and ignored the
population issue. Same with environmental controls. Big coal and big
oil scream about damage to their profits.

And no, before the tea party types here foam at the mouth, I don't know
of a better system.

I take some solace in the probability that if we keep on being so stupid,
we'll become extinct or fall back to the stone age.

We are in danger, no doubt.
What's worse is the kids today are less capable then we were. There
reading and math scores are very low.
The loss of vocational schooling in the middle and high school (wood
shop, metal shop) leave no where for these less educated kids to go.

Add to that our lack of making hard decisions and you have a firestorm
brewing.. of catastrophic proportions.

In the old days, people were more adept at adapting, today, less so.

--
Jeff