Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default TENMA products

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:18:00 PM UTC-4, William Sommerwerck wrote:
I have a TENMA AC ammeter which has gotten only light use, but seems to be

okay.

MCM has the 72-8155 LCR meter on sale for $40. I could use one, but wouldn't

be using it often enough to justify something more expensive. Anyone have

experience, good or bad, with TENMA stuff?

One of MCM's reviewers -- who otherwise liked this product -- complained that
the inductance measurements were made at 1kHz. Because the unit measures the
inductor's /impedance/ and /resistance/, then /calculates/ its reactance,
there are potential accuracy problems when the resistance and impedance are of
comparable magnitude.

It's not at all clear to me if Tenma makes their own stuff, or if they are just rebranding other peoples things. Maybe both. In any case the quality of one product may have nothing to do with another.

George H.

"We already know the answers -- we just haven't asked the right questions."

-- Edwin Land