Posted to rec.woodworking

Default TV legal ad focused on table saw injuries

On Thu, 08 May 2014 21:52:10 -0500, Leon wrote:

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Wed, 07 May 2014 18:13:43 -0500, Leon wrote:

According to the PTI the technology of dropping the blade was being
perused. When SawStop learned of this they amended a pending patent in
March of 2012 to protect further protect the technology of a blade
dropping quickly after blade contact. Apparently the patent office is
allowing this amendment.

Now *that* makes me angry! Apparently Sawstop wants to be the only table
saw available. Didn't there used to be laws against monopolies?

SawStop is simply doing what every other company does with its patents.

Not true. Most companies file patents as a purely defensive move.
Most of the remaining license patents on a "reasonable and
non-discriminatory" basis. Few attempt to corner the market and
damned few attempt to get the federal government to put their
competition out of business.

Don't get me started with why r12 freon was out lawned.

Does it grow grass too? ;-)