Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shaun Shaun is offline

Default TENMA products

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message ...

I have a TENMA AC ammeter which has gotten only light use, but seems to be
okay.

MCM has the 72-8155 LCR meter on sale for $40. I could use one, but wouldn't
be using it often enough to justify something more expensive. Anyone have
experience, good or bad, with TENMA stuff?

One of MCM's reviewers -- who otherwise liked this product -- complained
that
the inductance measurements were made at 1kHz. Because the unit measures the
inductor's /impedance/ and /resistance/, then /calculates/ its reactance,
there are potential accuracy problems when the resistance and impedance are
of
comparable magnitude.

"We already know the answers -- we just haven't asked the right questions."
-- Edwin Land

If there product fails, they will not fix it or sell you parts.

Shaun