Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Anyone into 3D printing?

On 20/06/2013 22:17, Roger Mills wrote:
I see that Maplin is about to offer a 3D printer for £700.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/3d-printer?u...ampaign=13P7-7

Any comments? Is it likely to be worth a punt?

If you are anywhere near Manchester the Maplins on Regent Road at the
shopping mall with the big Sainsbury's has one on demo. Or rather did
last time I was in there together with a few things it had printed.

I haven't got one but was considering it. OTOH for the number of times I
might need to 3D print I think one of the online services might actually
be more cost effective. See a previous thread of mine here.

£700 would buy a fair amount of printer bits with (a lot) less hassle.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown