Posted to rec.woodworking

Default TV legal ad focused on table saw injuries

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

That sawdust is my current problem. After my recent second bout
with
pneumonia, my lung guy lectured me about sawdust exposure. I'd been
using a Dust-Bee-Gone mask and thought I was OK, but I checked and
it
only claims to stop stuff down to 3 microns. So I went out
yesterday and
bought a 3M respirator with a P100 rating. I haven't tried it yet,
but I
doubt it'll be as comfortable as the mask.

OTOH, it looks like it'll be more comfortable than my old Willson
"gas
mask" and it does give the same or better protection against
finishing
fumes.

How's that saying go? "If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd
have
taken better care of myself." :-)

There are some advantages to living here in SoCal including being
able to do a lot of your work outside which included making those
battens.

The runout table consisted of about 30 feet of roller conveyor while
the infeed consisted of roller stands made from welding pipe to
car tire steel rims.

At the end of the day, sweep all the saw dust into a pile and shovel
it into the dumpster.

Good luck with your respirator.

Lew