Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Getting quotes mid-high end machining?

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 12:13:28 PM UTC-4, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
I'm potentially looking to get some machining done (just one piece for

now, but it won't be cheap). More later. It will require a fairly

large 5-axis CNC (lots of strange angles and it's something like 18"

diameter by 6" aluminum. There are not many local guys left, and

they're mostly busy with oil and long-term aerospace contracts.

Tolt Machine Works near Seattle might be worth checking out. It is owned by a former Microsoft employee. They have a web site and some really big machines.

I have just read some articles about how he is buying old large machines and converting them to computer controls. So he might have the capability and may not have a lot of customers as it is a new company.

Dan