Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default TV legal ad focused on table saw injuries

On 5/7/14, 12:22 PM, Baxter wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
news:lkdm0i$b7h$1 @dont-email.me:

-MIKE- wrote:
On 5/7/14, 6:19 AM, knuttle wrote:
I was ripping a piece of 1X4 to fit under a mirror. My first
stupid mistake was to set the out-feed feather board ...

I believe that sentence should stop there. Out-feed feather
boards are dangerous, period.

Repeat -... period!

I don't think that's the case - I find a featherboard mounted
vertically on the fence works fine on outfeed. Featherboard
equivalents mounted on riving knife are common. etc.

Mounting featherboard horizontally on saw table at outfeed is asking
for trouble/injury.

Can we please read the entire posts in a thread and make sure we
understand the context before replying? I know it's a lot to ask. The
guy said he was setting it to the width. That's not vertical.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--