Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default TV legal ad focused on table saw injuries

On 5/7/2014 10:29 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 5/7/14, 6:19 AM, knuttle wrote:
I was ripping a piece of 1X4 to fit under a mirror. My first stupid
mistake was to set the out-feed feather board ...

I believe that sentence should stop there.
Out-feed feather boards are dangerous, period.

Actually there is an instance when they are quite useful, If you are
plowing a grove and or not making a through cut.

I do this all the time when cutting groves for drawer bottoms.

Anything "through" should not have an out feed feather board.

And I sit here typing this while listening to the flooring guys cutting
the hickory wood treads for our stairs using a bench top Skil TS with
out benefit of miter gauge or rip fence. They have insurance.