Posted to alt.home.repair
Lee B Lee B is offline

Default Would You Buy A Touchless Toilet Flush Kit?

On 5/6/2014 10:27 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Tue, 06 May 2014, Lee B wrote:

No! I use the tank lid for storage.

A good place for a box of tissues.

And besides, I was planning on
washing my hands anyhow.

Of course.

The photo doesn't show a flush handle. Does that get removed? And then
you install this and hope that clueless guests can figure it out?

I looked at the installtion. They give you a cap to plug the hole where the
flush handle was. And you put a sticker with a picture of a waving hand
over the spot on the tank lid where the sensor is underneath.

I saw the sticker, but for someone not expecting this "accessory", I
don't think it would be too obvious what it meant. (Not look like it
says "wave here to flush"). Can you imagine after a party, when some of
the inebriated folks are trying to figure it out!

I'm having a hard time figuring why I'd want/need this, but touchless is
obviously in, for example hands free soap dispensers and spigots. OK,
having said that, I can think of some germophobic people who would buy it.