Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default Need to make airtight 2x50' long 1.5" diameter vacuum hoses forsiphon

On Tue, 06 May 2014 15:59:34 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

why don't you just use garden hose(s)?

I am using the garden hose now, but it sucks:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2930/...50044399_b.jpg

Garden hoses easily plug up with the muck.
See this muck, for example, cleaned up from earlier today:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2905/...c761128e_b.jpg

Plus, the output from the garden hose is downright puny:
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5582/...454d5afb_b.jpg

What takes about an hour with the 1.5 inch diameter vacuum
hose seems to take about four times as long with the 3/4" diameter
garden hose.

Even longer if I don't unclog the plugs that inevitably occur.
So, really, as a solution, the garden hose stinks!

What I need is to join the two 50 foot vacuum hoses, or, find
a cheap alternative to 1.5 inch diameter hose for at least 100
feet.