Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Wire fence hold-downs?

On 5/5/2014 12:36 PM, KenK wrote:
I'm sure someone must make stakes with a hook or notch at the top to hold
the bottom of wire fences next to the ground. What do I look for? Lowes?
What are they called? Or how to easily contruct a few such stakes? All I
can think of off-hand is wire coat hangers but I'm sure they'd be much too
flimsy. I don't have a power scroll saw to construct some out of wood
slats.

I'm trying to keep the neighbor's dog out of my yard. Asking them was
unsucessful.

Barbed wire strung along the bottom of the fence is a possibilty but it's
very stiff and hard to cut, fasten and otherwise handle.

Suggestions please?

TIA

There are some pretty heavy duty stakes, both metal and plastic, at
Lowes for holding down landscape edging; perhaps some of those with a
cable tie or just wired together. I just bought some hardware cloth to
keep my daughter's little yorkiedoodle****zhuahua* in when we dog-sit.
She is only 3# and likes to track rabbits that live in our neighbor's
yard....small enough to squeeze through the space between our cyclone
gates because the bottom corners are rounded.

Yourkshire/poodle/chihuahua/andIcantspelltheother. She lives with two
monsters, 100# and 130#, part-Newfoundlands. The Newfie/lab. likes to
rearrange the planters in my pond, but he loves me. The Newfie/poodle
is a goofball who plays with the pup; she likes keepaway.