Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default straightening wire

On Tue, 6 May 2014 18:33:29 +0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded
wrote:

Is there an easy way to take wire off a spool and get it straight?
I'm working with 12ga galvinized steel here, in lengths of about
two feet.

I know the jewelry people use nylon tipped pliers (squeeze tight
and pull through, repeat as needed), which seems fine for very small
soft wire, but I don't think that's going to work on this heavy stuff.

Elijah
------
has been trying to bend it straight by hand

http://www.witels-albert-usa.com/str...ide_rolls.html

http://wirestraightener.com/guide-rolls

http://www.kempler.com/sub_category.cfm/category/Wire%20Machinery/category1/Wire%20Straightening%20and%20Cutting%20Machine.htm ?srccd=Adwords%205630382862--wire%20straightener&gclid=CMHFhciHmL4CFU5afgodgjIA UA

https://www.google.com/search?q=wire+straightening+tool&safe=off&client=f irefox-a&hs=fd7&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Hjt pU7TGG4fzoATS54HwCA&ved=0CFYQ7Ak&biw=1280&bih=871& dpr=1

Many shops use coiled wire stock...particularly swiss machine and cold
heading shops. There is a ton of that stuff out there for very little
money as hundreds of those shops have gone tits up.

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"