Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Getting quotes mid-high end machining?

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

I'm potentially looking to get some machining done (just one piece for
now, but it won't be cheap). More later. It will require a fairly
large 5-axis CNC (lots of strange angles and it's something like 18"
diameter by 6" aluminum. There are not many local guys left, and
they're mostly busy with oil and long-term aerospace contracts.

Any suggestions of where to look?Check with MPM in Wichita

http://www.mpm1.com/

They are a good aerospace shop, I know one of the principals there
quite well. They have some VERY good 5-axis machines. They have
2 large Cincinnatti 5-axis mills, and I think their Viper is also
5-axis.

Jon