Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Getting quotes mid-high end machining?

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:29:41 AM UTC-7, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message

I'm potentially looking to get some machining done (just one piece for

now, but it won't be cheap). More later. It will require a fairly

large 5-axis CNC (lots of strange angles and it's something like 18"

diameter by 6" aluminum. There are not many local guys left, and

they're mostly busy with oil and long-term aerospace contracts.

Any suggestions of where to look? I was thinking of starting to canvas

higher-end mold shops in the Ohio area, but other suggestions are

welcome. Looking for reasonable responsiveness (weeks, not months),

which probably rules out the automotive guys.

Best regards,

Spehro Pefhany

Try the RFQ section on CNCZONE.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Typical DumbBlonde answer. CNC Advertising Zone is mostly hobbyists and the owner Paul Gentile is as corrupt as they come.

LinkedIn is where he should be looking. Besides my LinkedIn group, several CNC machining groups exist on LinkedIn that put CNC Advertising Zone and Practically Worthless Machinist to shame.