Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default clueless shop staff

Pilgrim wrote:
There are just a few of you hard core doityourselfers out there. The
stores you all miss are no longer financially viable. We live in a
throwaway society. Plus there is the liability issue. I started and ran
an electronic surplus store in the SF bay area for 25 years. Closed it
in '97 as it was no longer worth the time and effort. Broke my heart to
dismantle what I had built. Then there is the liability issue. Some
wanna be doitselfer could cause harm to himself, others, or property. I
don't know about all of you, but I get 4or5 requests a year to be part
of a class action. We refused to give any technical advise or identify a

No technical advice is always a lazy jackass move, and might have
something to do with not being in business anymore.