Posted to alt.home.repair
IGot2P IGot2P is offline

Default Painting shutters

On 5/5/2014 9:27 AM, Don Phillipson wrote:
wrote in message

I have vinyle shutters that are a hunter green color and badly faded. My
wife wants to paint them black. Can this be done and it last okay?

It would be simpler to buy new shutters in the colour she prefers.
No paint will adhere to vinyl permanently.

Your paint may not adhere but I painted two vinyl shutters on the front
of our office in 1995 and because of them fading I repainted them back
in 2011. I think that 16 years without pealing is pretty good. I didn't
use special paint for plastic, just plain ole spray paint in a rattle can.