Posted to alt.home.repair

Default NASA spinoff

In article , The Daring Dufas

In article , The Daring
Dufas wrote:

In article , The
Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 5/1/2014 7:10 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 1 May 2014 06:30:01 +0200, nestork
wrote:

Any time that money is invested in research
there are benefits. With NASA, the most
obvious spinoff is cordless power tools.

But, just consider all of the technological
spin offs of the Second World War: 1. radar
and sonar 2. the jet engine for aircraft 3.
rockets and rocketry 4. nuclear reactors
and nuclear propulsion for ships 5. Plastic
Laminates (like Formica)

The most obvious spin off is that America
left transport vehicles on the surface. None
have rusted yet! - I think.

A guy in congress thinks that Guam will tilt
over in the ocean and collapse. He was
worried about troops landing on the island.

Well, the ultimate consequence of Affirmative
Action is in The White House now and those who
pay attention to the damage done and being done
to The United States are horrified about it
and frustrated that it seems nothing can be
done to stop the destruction. o_O

TDD

I thought affirmative action was the reason shrub
got into Harvard

Affirmative Action is only for female and minority
shrubs. ^_^

TDD

so the shrub is a transsexual? cool

Where do you take your transsexual to get it serviced?
Do you take it to the dealer or to AAMCO? ^_^

TDD

why it goes to your local whorehouse...so keep your
children home

Thanks! I'll have to warn my friends and relatives who have
children. ^_^

TDD

you have friends?

Two or three.

you can't tell?

How many do you have? ^_^

lots more

TDD

I'm happy for you but it must be difficult remembering which lie
you told to which friend. ^_^

TDD

I see you solved that problem by keeping your friends to a minimum

Actually, I don't lie. Perhaps that's why I don't have all of the
imaginary friends you have? ^_^

TDD