Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wire fence hold-downs?

KenK wrote:
I'm sure someone must make stakes with a hook or notch at the top to
hold the bottom of wire fences next to the ground. What do I look
for? Lowes? What are they called? Or how to easily contruct a few
such stakes? All I can think of off-hand is wire coat hangers but I'm
sure they'd be much too flimsy. I don't have a power scroll saw to
construct some out of wood slats.

I'm trying to keep the neighbor's dog out of my yard. Asking them was
unsucessful.

Barbed wire strung along the bottom of the fence is a possibilty but
it's very stiff and hard to cut, fasten and otherwise handle.

Suggestions please?

TIA

I used some 1/2" square tube cut into 6" lengths to stake the bottom of my
chicken pen also buried the wire about 3" deep for those predators that
dig. Cut an angled slot partway thru anglr grinder or hacksaw about an
inch from the top to catch the wire .
--
Snag