Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Painting shutters

On Monday, May 5, 2014 11:13:36 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, May 5, 2014 10:54:31 AM UTC-4, wrote:

On Monday, May 5, 2014 9:27:40 AM UTC-5, Don Phillipson wrote:

wrote in message

I have vinyle shutters that are a hunter green color and badly faded. My

wife wants to paint them black. Can this be done and it last okay?

It would be simpler to buy new shutters in the colour she prefers.

No paint will adhere to vinyl permanently.

--

Don Phillipson

Carlsbad Springs

(Ottawa, Canada)

That is an expensive proposition considering I need 12 of them. My only other thought was to make some myself out of pine and prime/paint them.

(My current ones are plastic of some sort. Not sure if vinyle fiberglass or what.)

I'm not so sure there is a big difference in the heat absorbed by

green versus black, at least not enough that it's going to make a

difference. Modern paints perform across a wide temperature range.

If it were me, I'd spray them with a good quality paint.

rust oleum makes paint specially designed for use on plastic