Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Anti static on vaccuum cleaner

Hmm, well, trying to find an earth on the cleaner. Modern cleaners seem to
be made of plastic, at least externally. What I don't get really is why one
cleaner should be worse than another.
I think its get out the rubber gloves time again. it was suggested that it
was me not the cleaner, but if that were the case it would affect me on the
other cleaner as well. Certainly I have had issues, changing the bed then
walking over to a large filing cabinet is not to be recommended.
Brian

Email:

wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:
Simple question. A Bosch cleaner, works fine has the usual convoluted
plastic pipe and a metal telescopic pipe and a plastic brush on the end.

A length of extra-flexible flex as used for test leads, attached to the
metal tube, spiral-wrapped round the hose to allow for stretchiness, and
taken to earth on the vacuum cleaner body?

Antistatic hoses can be bought, but might not be easily adapted to a
domestic cleaner.

Owain