Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Wood exterior doors?

You can paint your steel door. There are also
plenty of wood options. In addition to the prehung,
expensive, decorative options, nearly all lumber
yards can get standard wood doors. They just don't
keep them in stock. When I need something like that
I look at a catalog from Brosco. All lumber yards near
me can get all Brosco items in 2-3 days. They're the
standard for moldings, doors, windows, etc. If there
isn't Brosco near you there's probably another
company. any carpenter should be able to tell you
and should have a catalog.

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
| Are these common any more? Looking online, it would seem not. Not that I
| want one but... I am getting new roofing soon and will have to have no
| soffit put in and that will require painting. Since I want the house to
be
| more of a yellow, rather than the bleh color it now is (too dark to be
| white, too light to be beige), I thought I might get a new door as well.
| Lowe's seems to sell mostly Fiberglass and steel. I currently have steel
| but it's old and crappy looking. I got a really nice white storm door
last
| year and was thinking that it might look good with a white door as well.
Or