Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Toro 20045 lawnmower only starting and running if sprayed into carb

On Saturday, May 3, 2014 7:18:13 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 03 May 2014 18:49:43 -0400, Jason

wrote:

On 05/03/2014 04:50 PM, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 3 May 2014 13:14:05 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:

How many people have to tell you that there is something wrong with the PRIMER since you are not getting a squirt of gasoline when you push the primer bulb??!!

I lost count.

"throw is against the wall long enough, eventually something will

stick"

OK, THAT'S (the PRIMER BULB) what I keep checking and THAT's what

continues NOT to spray out gas despite cleaning it and the screen

underneath, replacing nearly all the gaskets, removing, cleaning and

reseating the primer bulb..... what more could I do??? I don't see how

I could be reseating it improperly as there seems to be only one way to

install the damned thing. So, with the new air filter assembly, will

also come a new primer as well. I hope this cures the problems because

I don't know of any more alternatives.

Some of you folks don't need to get nasty or impatient just because the

suggestions you keep aiming at me aren't doing the job. To the others

who are showing the appropriate courtesy and patience, I thank you. One

way or the other this "dog" will be fixed.

Calm down Jason. Early on I offered my thoughts about the air / fuel

venturis in the carb throat and how to clean them without breaking a

wire off in them. They are smaller than the wire tie wire you used in

Agree. I was wondering about that too. In general
shoving a wire into those openings is not a good idea.
Also, in many carbs, you can't get to all the openings
that need to be cleaned without removing welch plugs.
If you buy a carb rebuild kit, it comes with all the
gaskets, needle valves, welch plugs, etc. It also
helps to see if you can find a shop manual online that
details how to service the carb.

other places. It they are clogged I very much doubt you will see fuel.

You never even stated that you looked or tried to clean them, based on

my suggestion. Your bat, your ball. People are trying to help you.

Did you ever consider that the push bulb has weakened? They do become

weak and may not prime or push the fuel. Did you follow what Trader

said about disconnecting the fuel line to see it the bulb will pump

fuel?

People here can only offer help. Nobody expects you to take advice

for the free offering. So don't have a break down over this. You could

pop a vessel.

IDK exactly how these priming bulb systems work.
Presumably I would think there must be some check
valve to keep the fuel going only one way when the
bulb is pressed. Perhaps someone here knows exactly
how they work.