Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Boiler condenser pipe/overflow curved inwards?

On Sun, 04 May 2014 17:28:36 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Uncle Peter wrote:

On Sun, 04 May 2014 14:44:07 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , ARW
wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
You must have **** boilers if they do that. What was wrong with the
traditional header tank?

They only do that if there is a fault. There are lots of reasons why a
traditional header tank is not used on some installations.

I recently had the header tank taken out, a relief since:

1) there are no longer pipes in the attic to freeze

My attic doesn't go that cold (as it's above the house) and the pipes are
lagged.

I see, no attic insulation.

Yes, but it's not 100%, insulation never is, or you wouldn't need a boiler in the first place.

I wouldn't want my attic going below freezing, the paint I store up there would get damaged.

Lagged ha ha ha.

You've never heard of lagging?

2) there's no tank to accumulate grot and dead animals

No lid?!?

****ed if I knew, I didn't go up there did I.

It would be a bit odd to have one without a lid on it.

3) I get mains pressure water, much better

You only need that much pressure for a garden hose. Are you watering the
garden with hot water?

No, I'm catering for more than one person using water in the house at
once.

Gravity from the header tank in the attic is powerful enough to run two taps, just not at high enough pressure to spray a hose.

That do you?

No.

SOOL then, aren't you.

NO, it means I won the argument.

--
What do you call 4 sheep tied to a post in Wales?
A leisure centre!