Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Boiler condenser pipe/overflow curved inwards?

On Sun, 04 May 2014 15:04:43 +0100, Gazz wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 04 May 2014 12:25:36 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news They've all been about 6 inches off the ground.

ALL of them?

I can assure you that the one at my parents first floor holiday
appartment
is not six inches above the ground

Trust you to find an exception.

My combi was installed upstairs, the over pressure vent pipe was taken
through the wall where it exited the boiler, so it is about 8 inches to the
left of the front door, and about a foot higher than the top of the door,
As the door is on the side of the house people have to walk past the vent to
get to the door, up the drive with a 6 foot fence to their right and the
garage at the end,

i know i wouldnt like to be at the door if the boilers over pressure valve
opened and the vent pipe was pointing out so it sprayed over the drive,

How often is a person at that exact point on your path? How often does it overflow? Multiply those two very small fractions together and you get an infinitesimal chance. They're more likely to trip over a loose paving stone and break their neck.

my car is also usually parked on the drive so it would be in the line of
fire from an outwardly pointing pressure vent pipe, i wouldn't particularly
want it being doused with near boiling water with inhibiter and other crap
in it either,

i'll wait for creepy uncle peter to come back with something like his car is
built to withstand a spraying of boiler water, and the billion to one chance
of it happening whilst it's parked there.

It's very unlikely, and a small amount of hot water won't hurt it. I do that several times a winter to melt the windscreen.

There was a million to one chance of an immersion heater stat failing
closed, allowing the water to boil and exit the vent/expansion pipe that
loops over the plastic header tank in the loft,
was it a 2 million to one chance that in the bedroom below the header tank
was the baby in it's cot,

Oh here we go, babies are a million times more important than adults, that old crap.

asleep when the plastic tank ruptured due to the
water in it being brought upto boiling temps by the vent pipe discharging
it's boiling water into it for a few days?

you don't care much for million to one chances when you are that millionth
person,

But chances are you aren't that person. You're one of those people who enter the lottery because you say someone has to win it. Chances are it will never ever be you.

--
__.------.
.-' .---. \
| ( ( `--' |/