Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Borate for Swimming Pool

On Sun, 04 May 2014 00:01:22 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

Don't any of you folks have Time of Day Rates? My off-peak rate here
is about half the on-peak rate in the summer. Winter there isn't much
difference. So I run my pool in the off-peak hours and keep the AC
set higher in the on-peak and then turn it down after 8 at night till
1 in the afternoon the next day when the on-peak hits again.

We have it if you choose the electric company as your supplier, but I
don't see any big bargain for most of us. Peak time is Noon to 8 PM
Mon - Fri. The generation rate is. 11.86¢ for peak and 8.36¢ off
peak. With another supplier, I pay 7.95¢ at any time. These are
generation rates only. Add 8.6¢ for delivery.

If the other suppliers stated to offer it, then savings may happen.